Skip to content
- 30th Annual UK RNA Polymerase focused meeting, 19-20 April 2018, London, UK. “ A novel RNA aptamer based method for measuring transcriptional fidelity.”; Authors: A. Azzi, N. Zenkin.
- Research Visit to DoulixTM, 3-4 May 2018, Venice, Italy. J. Tellechea Luzardo and N. Krasnogor.
- Functional DNA Nanotechnology, 6-8 June 2018, Rome, Italy. “Isothermal folding of a light-up bio-orthogonal RNA origami nanoribbon.”; Authors: E. Torelli, J. Kozyra, J-Y. Gu, U. Stimming, L. Piantanida, K. Voïtchovsky, N. Krasnogor.
- Bacall 12th-14th June 2018, Bath, UK. “Reporter systems for metabolic load and stress in Bacillus subtilis and Escherichia Coli”; Authors: W. Smith and A. Wipat.
- Research Visit to the Molecular environmental microbiology lab of Dr Victor de Lorenzo, Centro National de Biotecnologia, 1-2 July 2018, Madrid, Spain. J. Tellechea Luzardo, N. Krasnogor.
- IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence (CEC2018), 8-13 July 2018, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. “Dynamic triobjective optimisation problems”; Authors: S. Jiang, M. Kaiser, S. Wan, J. Guo, S. Yang, and N. Krasnogor.
- Federated Artificial Intelligence Meeting (FAIM), workshop; ‘AI for Synthetic Biology 2’, July 14-15, 2018, Stockholm, Sweden. Oral presentation: “What’s in an acronym? RRI for AI and SB: Some observations about responsible research and innovation in the context of the introduction of artificial intelligence tools for synthetic biology.”; Speakers: K. Taylor and S. Woods.
- AI for Synthetic Biology, IJCAI/FAIM-ECAI-18, 13-19 July 2018, Stockholm, Sweden. “Microbial Strain Design: Multiobjective Optimisation and Decision Making,’’ ; Authors: S. Jiang, M. Torres, D Pelta, P. Krabben, M. Kaiser, N. Krasnogor.
- The Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO2018), 15-19 July 2018, Kyoto, Japan. “Less detectable environmental changes in dynamic environments”; Authors: S. Jiang, M. Kaiser, S. J. Guo, S. Yang, and N. Krasnogor.
- ALIFE 2018: The 2018 Conference on Artificial Life, 23-27 July 2018, Tokyo, Japan. “The fittest, the common, and the dullest: Selection dynamics of exact autocatalytic replicators”; Authors: B. Shirt-Ediss, N. Krasnogor, H. Fellermann.
- European Association of Studies of Science and Technology (EASST) Conference, July 25-28 2018, Lancaster University, UK. Oral presentation: “Responsible Innovation in action: Spaces for socio-ethical reflection on synthetic biology.“; Speakers: K. Taylor and S. Woods.
- 19th PEALS International symposium “The implications and impacts of a responsibility agenda for synthetic biology“, Sept 20-21 2018, Newcastle University, UK. Report by K. Taylor on event.
- 10th Annual NGS congress 8th-9th November 2018, London, UK. Conference attendee W. Smith.
- Synthetic Biology UK 2018 19-20 November, Bristol, UK. “Reporter systems for metabolic load and stress in Bacillus subtilis and Escherichia coli”; Speaker: W. Smith, J. Knight, A. Wipat.
- Synthetic Biology UK, 19-20 November 2018, Bristol, UK. Poster presentation: “Responsible Research and Innovation: reflections on the nature of transgressive science.”; Authors: K. Taylor and S. Woods.
- Synthetic Biology UK 2018 19-20 November, Bristol, UK.”A universal plasmid bio-circuit for Portabolomics”; Authors: A. Johns, T. Richardson, H. Murray.
- BrisSynBio Social Science in Synthetic Biology workshop, Nov 19 2018, Bristol, UK. Oral presentation: “Synthetic Portabolomics: Responsible Innovation. Some background and our (experimental) Responsible Innovation Directorate.”; Speakers: K. Taylor and S. Woods.
- 14thWorld Congress on Bioethics, Dec 5-7 2018, Bengaluru, India. Oral presentation: “The Portabolomics concept and responsible innovation: challenging potential inequalities of opportunity in benefitting from synthetic biology.”;m Speakers: S. Woods and K. Taylor.